Jan 14, 2011

Send a document as email message using Word 2007

Software: Microsoft Office Word 2007
OS: Windows Vista

Microsoft Word is an easy tool to design a simple newsletter and I have used it since Word 2003. It has a feature that enables us to send email message directly from Word. You can access this by go to File > Send to > Mail Recipient.

Few days ago, I upgraded my Word 2003 to Word 2007. When I want to send a newsletter, I found out that the Mail Recipient sub menu is missing from the File menu. I thought there is something wrong with my computer, so I go to another computer that already installed with Word 2007. But the same, I didn’t found the menu.

After searching the web for a while, finally I found that there is a way to show the Send to Mail Recipient menu, but it have to be added to the Quick Access Toolbar (See Pic 1). Here are the steps:

Pic 1. Quick Access Toolbar


Now click the Office Button, at the menu bottom, click Word options. You will see Word options dialog box appeared on your screen (See Pic 2).
  1. Click on Customize tab. 
  2. On the Choose Commands From, click the combo box, and choose All Commands
  3. Below All Commands, now you will see a lots of menu in the list box. Scroll down until you found Send to Mail Recipient.
  4. Click the Add button next to the list box 
  5. Now you will see that the Send to Mail Recipient menu added to the list box on the right. 
  6. Click Ok to close the dialog box.
 
Pic 2. Word options dialog box.

By clicking the Send to Mail Recipient button on the Quick Access Toolbar, now you can send Word 2007 document as an email message.

Pic 3. Send to Mail Recipient

No comments: